Friday, March 5, 2010

Fireside Grill - Review & Photos

Today we tried Fireside Grill - one of the many restaurants on the Dine Around Town, Victoria  which has $20.00 and $30.00 menus. We tried a bit of both. (Also, we already tried Smuggler's Cove last week - but it wasn't worthy of a blog - the food was nothing more than typical pub fare and while it tasted great, it didn't blow me away). I apologize in advance about the quality of photos, I tried to be quick. The locale was amazing, with beautiful and warm atmosphere.

First of all, here is our $20.00 Menu (for the $30 Menu, check out the website above):
 

Our choice of food was:
Saanich Carrot and Camembert Soup

Followed by my Duck Confit:
 
Alex's Veal (from the $30.00 menu):

And Kory's Braised Lamb:

For dessert I played around with the menu and chose from the $30.00 section for a few extra bucks...
Hazelnut Burlee

Kory's choice was the Raspberry Tart
All in all, the meal was extremely filling, flavourful and amazing. The only "complaint" I would have is pairing the braised lamb with tomato sauce. I find lamb has enough of its own yummy tastes without needing to mask it with tomatoes - it's not a choice I would have made in my kitchen. 

Highly recommended from the bottom of my heart. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers